Plot 90,Kanjokya Street
+256 705 228456
+256 773 031611
+256 775 450028
Industrial chemists assist chemical engineers in transforming small-scale chemical discoveries into mass-produced goods by analyzing compounds and substances to find their precise chemical or physical properties. Industrial chemists may also develop or improve products, formulas, analytical methods, and processes.Add to Favourites Compare with other careers
Industrial chemists assist chemical engineers in transforming small-scale chemical discoveries into mass-produced goods by analyzing compounds and substances to find their precise chemical or physical properties. Industrial chemists may also develop or improve products, formulas, analytical methods, and processes.
Depending upon their level of education and career interests, an industrial chemist may work in a variety of different possible settings, and perform a range of work functions. These functions may include conducting research, teaching, or working in a lab for a company or other organization.
Uganda has a great deal of companies that manufacture drinks such as centuary bottling company limited(coca cola), crown beverages (pepsi) to mention but a few and in these companies the services of industrial chemists are highly needed.
• Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine physical properties of a substance
• Share specialized knowledge with chemical engineers and other professionals
• Ensure that production meets deadlines and quality standards
• Prepare directions for factory personnel that outline the proper ingredients, temperatures and mixing times during all stages of the production process
• Oversee automated production processes in order to ensure the desired product yield is achieved
• Analyze samples of raw materials and finished products in order to ensure government and industry standards and regulations are met
• Record test results and provide feedback to production staff
• Work to develop new testing and production methods in order to improve efficiency and product quality
• May conduct lectures and instruct students
Safety and efficiency – industrial chemists are constantly striving to improve the safety and efficiency of making important chemicals and materials.
Product development and innovation – industrial chemists create new chemical ‘recipes’ that meet identified needs. They will scrutinise the chemical composition of substances and then study the chemical changes which occur under different conditions and apply this to their end result.
Process optimisation – an industrial chemist plays a part in optimising production to produce large amounts of a substance as cheaply as possible – but, unlike with engineers, they do so by making the ‘chemistry’ better and more efficient.
Environmental monitoring and control – industrial chemists work on the management and control of the environment during industrial processes, to ensure everything is being done to minimise the impact and work towards a clean and safe future.
Production plant design - in the construction of a new production plant, industrial chemists work in teams with other engineers like chemical engineers or control engineers to ensure the optimal outcomes.
In order to become effective in a career as an industrial chemist, you need to posses a certain set of skills and personality characteristics, as they will allow you to perform your job with competence, as well as help you to endure the ups and downs of your career.
• Able to strictly follow protocol without cutting corners
• Must pay close attention to detail and be very accurate in work
• Knowledge in chemical engineering processes
• Basic knowledge of management and business skills are typically an asset
• Expert level knowledge in the properties and chemical structure of materials such as oil, metal and plastics, drugs, fertilizers and food
• Able to devise and control production-processing methods
• Able to ensure quality standards are upheld, and industry regulations are adhered to
• Able to use specialized laboratory equipment and computer software
• Able to work effectively with other professionals, such as chemical engineers
Build Electrical Automation Projects From Sctratch. Starting From Wires , Control Circuits And Ending With PLC And HMIView Course
Mathematical models and practical applicationsView Course
this course will take newbies to a higher level to deal with complex PLC projects, Motor Drives ( VFD ) & Manual ControlView Course
Programming Guide of Cognex In-Sight Machine Vision Systems in Easy Builder - PLC Automation SCADA Development HMIView Course
Blockchain Technology Will Transform How Businesses Operate. Do You Want to Be a Part of the Blockchain Journey?View Course
ZERO to KNOWLEDGE in just over 2 hoursView Course
Learn how to Design industrial control panels and procedure for making industrial control panels.View Course
Design sketching essentials from what tools to use such as pen & paper to drawing & sketching exercises for designersView Course
Calibration , Testing ,General & Standard Maintenance Procedure for SMART process instrumentation and control devices.View Course
Professional Course from Basic to Develop a ProjectView Course
this course will take newbies to a higher level to deal with complex classic project and automationView Course
An Introductory CourseView Course
Modbus RTU-RS485 , USS , IO-Link , Profinet , MQTT , Node-red , Webserver , Message(SMS)View Course
Practical implementation of the 21st Century SkillsView Course
workers committeeView Course
Unlock the Secret of Industrial Psychology and Learn How to Deal With People In Corporate SetupView Course
Landing a good paying job in Industrial maintenance.View Course
People enjoy buying but selling to them isn’t easy! An insight to those considering or just starting a sales career.View Course
Photoshop Design: The complete guide to industrial design sketching in Photoshop.View Course
Practical Industrial Process Gamification: The Petroleum Industry (3-Tiers).View Course