Plot 90,Kanjokya Street
+256 705 228456
+256 773 031611
+256 775 450028
Product development managers investigate, design, and assess products they brainstorm for a company. These professionals coordinate all stages of product development, from initial concept art, to finalization and distribution.Add to Favourites Compare with other careers
When a company needs a new product to shake up the market, they turn to product development managers who assess gaps in the marketplace and find niches to market new products to. Working with market researchers, they identify how to reflect a brand's attributes in a new product, ensuring customer value and satisfaction with that product.
Throughout the development cycle, they manage customer opinion of a product, testing the product in focus groups and receiving feedback. They then work with teams of other developers to adjust the product's design until they reach perfection.
1. Manage the product development project pipeline and assignment and prioritization of resources.
2. Assist in scale up to commercialization.
3. Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop new business.
4. Research and development specialist job description
1. Interested in research
2. Able to analyse and collate information
3. Good oral and written communication skills
4. Able to work as part of a team
5. Able to manage workload and meet deadlines
6. Good organisational skills.
Research and development managers must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a related and relevant experience.