The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) invites applications from graduates of its Member States for a two-year Young Professionals Programme (YPP), at the ARIPO Headquarters in Harare, Zimbabwe. The YPP is a well-structured unique on-the-job learning and development programme aimed at grooming and nurturing high-potential young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds in the technical aspects of Intellectual Property (IP), as well as leadership and administrative roles, and empowering them to contribute to the socio-economic growth and development of Africa
1. First Degree in Law (LLB), Botany, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Economics, and Statistics obtained not more than five years prior to the date of application.
2. Planning, and problem-solving skills
3. Communication and interpersonal skills
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Creativity and innovativeness
6. Strong digital literacy
7. Not more than 28 years of age at the time of application.
Botswana, Cape Verde, Kingdom of Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations standard medical examination to be conducted by an ARIPO-nominated medical practitioner.
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity,
1. Submit an application letter addressed to The Director General of ARIPO
2. A detailed curriculum vitae
3. Copies of relevant academic and Professional certificates,
4. National identity document/passport
5. A recent passport-size photograph
All should be saved as a single PDF and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10 March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.