Deadline 4th December 2022
The Youth to Work program seeks to recruit young and enthusiastic professionals looking for an opportunity to learn new business and consultancy skills and apply them in a real business environment, and contribute to the wider community.
Please ensure you read all information here thoroughly before applying.
- Conduct an in-depth audit of the enterprise’s strengths and areas for development in one of the following three areas: operations, finance or sales and marketing.
- Develop an action plan based on your analysis to help the enterprise to improve and prepare for growth.
- Work closely with the Challenges staff and enterprise leadership team to deliver the action plan.
- Deliver capacity building sessions which improve the SGBs partnerships, communication and opportunities.
- Deliver key employment readiness workshops to university students.
Support provided by Challenges
- A comprehensive 2 week training program in professional consulting and business improvement skills
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement
- Ongoing training, mentoring and support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of a enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set to improving your employability
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
- Be between 21 to 30 years of age or 21 to 35 for persons with disabilities
- Have an understanding of business and finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience and/or hold a relevant university degree
- Relevant work experience including previous internship, voluntary work etc.
- Good communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interest in small business development, enterprises and entrepreneurship
- Ability to travel to training and placement
- Ability to commit to the placement full-time and 2 weeks pre-placement training
- Must be fluent in both verbal and written English
Please note that Youth to Work is only available for residents of UGANDA, ZAMBIA and GHANA
How to Apply
Please ensure that before filling this form, you have thoroughly read the application information. Answer all questions sincerely and to the best of your knowledge, incomplete forms will not be considered. For both, please attach any relevant academic documents to this application when submitting.
A paper application form can be downloaded here