Source * https://groundbreaker.org/
Deadline 1st November 2023
Groundbreaker Talents is a full-time Software Engineering scholarship program in Kampala tailored to provide Ugandan students from underprivileged communities with the opportunity to exploit their full potential and access a brighter future in the digital era.
Uganda’s youth holds great potential for fostering the next generation of IT professionals. Our scholarship program serves as a talent pipeline, guiding students from disadvantaged backgrounds to critical entry points into the industry. Giving access to valuable skills empowers a brighter future
Our residential scholarship opportunity includes the following
- Full Scholarship: Recipients will receive a full scholarship for a Certificate in Software Engineering covering tuition, accommodation and other essential expenses for a residential program.
- Leadership Development: Engaging in leadership workshops, mentorship and networking opportunities.
- Upskilling: Providing young women with skills to become female tech leaders and change-makers in their communities
Who can Apply?
- Be a young African woman aged 18-25 years
- Available full-time to live and learn in the Groundbreaker Talents residence from June 1st, 2023, to June 1, 2024, throughout the program.
- Completed and graduated from High School, i.e. S.6. (possess a result slip/ certificate/ transcript/ photo of your results)
- Be a resident of Uganda or the refugee communities in Uganda (have either a passport, National ID, village ID, or Refugee certificate of your respective country of origin)
- Be passionate about tech
- Very fluent in spoken and written English.
- Applicants must NOT currently study in a university or institute pursuing a bachelor’s or diploma (enrolled or on break).
NOTE: A potential applicant will only be eligible for the scholarship if they strictly meet ALL above mentioned requirements. All information will be treated with full confidentiality