The Higher Education Students Financing Board (HESFB) was established by the Higher Education Students Financing Act, No. 2 of 2014 as a body corporate to provide Loans and Scholarships to students intending to pursue Higher Education in Uganda.
Under the Student Loan Scheme, HESFB awards study loans to Ugandan students seeking to pursue Higher Education but are financially constrained.
The objectives of the Students’ Financing Scheme are: - (1) to increase equitable access to
Higher Education in Uganda; (2) to support highly qualified students who may not afford Higher Education; (3) to ensure regional balance in Higher Education services in Uganda; (4) to create a revolving fund.
The Board, therefore, invites applications for study loans under the Students’ Loan Scheme from eligible Ugandan students who have been admitted under the listed Undergraduate Diploma and Degree Programmes for the Academic Year 2022/23 in the Public Universities, Private Chartered
1. The Students’ Loan shall cover tuition fees and functional fees. The loan shall also cover Aids and Appliances for persons with disabilities, while research funds may be covered as and when the budget allows.
2. Student loans shall strictly be awarded to students joining Higher Education Institutions in First Year or students in their Final Year of study
1. The Loan Application process is solely online and is available through our website http://www.hesfb.go.ug.
2. Applicant who may encounter challenges in the application process can seek help by calling 0392174999 or 0414255300
3. Applicants shall be required to pay a non-refundable Loan Processing Fee of UGX 53,000 to the HESFB LOAN APPLICATION FEE, Account No. 3740300006 Centenary Bank or 01363669053643 DFCU Bank. The Payment Receipts shall be scanned and attached during the Loan Application process.
For More Information Visit https://hesfb.go.ug/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Call-for-Student-Loan-Applications-for-the-AY2022-23.pdf