The Relevance (Why the course is being taught)
Tourism has become a major industry in the last decades. The study of Tourism comprises the activities of persons travelling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes not related to the exercise of an activity remunerated from within the place visited. Tourism is different from travel. In order for tourism to happen, there must be a displacement: an individual has to travel, using any type of means of transportation.
1) To enable students to Set up and run successful businesses in the Travel and Tourism sector
2) Provide students with comprehensive managerial skills in the area of Travel and Tourism
3) Present tools and techniques which can enable students to plan, design, and organize Travel and Tourism products the local and International markets.
4) To equip students with knowledge and skills to enable them take up leadership functions in any area of Travel and Tourism business
5) To give you a sound and extensive basis for the study of tourism and travel, by developing relevant knowledge, understanding tourism and travel and transferable skills.
6) To develop in students vision, leadership, strategic thinking and political awareness in order to develop the tourism and travel profession and its goals
7) To provides you with a range of personal attributes relevant to the world beyond higher education, to enable you to engage in lifelong learning, to consider ethics and values, and to contribute to the wider community.